Friday, April 25, 2014

Adam's Scribe notes 4-24

As we are reading Carly’s scribe notes, Carly’s stating that almost no one read the book prompted Mrs. Gill to say, “I hate my life… And it is not that I hate my life, I hate you guys.”
We “discuss gifs and the proper pronunciation of the word/abbreviation, like every other class for the last week.
 After talking about me naturally counter attacking on something Mrs. Gill said, Mackenzie says, “If you sneezed, Adam would argue with you on that.” Naturally, I counterattack.
Everyone laughs while reading Will’s scribe notes.
Taylor flips off Amelia WITH BOTH HANDS and then waves to me and tells me to put that in my scribe notes. I stare Taylor down while doing so.
Steve tells me not to put anything he says in my scribe notes, but we agree that I can put in quotes that he approves.
Joe Gill’s mom “yells” at us to read. Everyone complains for a good 3 minutes.
“Buttercup’s a horse!”
 “Buttercup’s a whore?” - Kory
“Please yourselves!” says Kory, quoting Mrs. Gill.
Mackenzie asks another question, “Mrs. Gill, is that what’s due Monday?”
“Jesus Christ,” responds Jacob, implying that the question was stupid (it was).
“I can tell who read the book and who read the movie,” says Mrs. Gill.
Silence. People are reading the movie.
Alex Voss stares at the whiteboard for 5 minutes, book in hand.
Outside of class, Mrs. McMullen-Hellwig gives Austin Hakim 2 weekend detentions. They argue about his attitude and times of detention. “I’m sorry, I work. I can’t be there,” says Austin. “You will be there, that’s too bad… Your attitude doesn’t help either,” says Mrs. McMullen-Hellwig kindly.
We have one big, but not so big, quiz on Monday over parts 1-3.
“OH, YEAH!” “You wanna take off your shirt?” say some voices from outside the room.
Matt’s Target water bottle is staring me straight in the eyes.
Jack hits Jacquelyn while she is reading, he apologizes, and she gives him a death stare.
Voss is still looking around the room, book in hand.
Yawns are abundant.
Carly and I make awkward eye contact.
A random braided ribbon is found on the floor. Amelia and I throw it back and forth, and then it is thrown to Kory. He puts it around his head.
Mrs. Gill invites Steve to stay after school to finish the first part. He politely declines.
Mrs. Gill tries to whistle with her fingers, but fails, and it looks like she wants to shoot herself.
“Her name makes me hungry because it reminds me of Reese’s peanut butter cups.” - Mackenzie
Kory sings the buttercup song.
Mrs. Gill asks us to choose which 1818 classes they should teach next year. Kory thoughtfully suggests “What Technology Wants” in Technology, Media, and Literature.

We end the class talking about how McQueary will always hate me, Steven, and Kory, while Mrs. Gill disagrees with all of us, even though we are right. He’ll never like us. 

No comments: