Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Middle of the Circle (an abstract poem by Megan K.)

Scribe notes from 4-30

Will is worming his way in the middle of the circle, I think they call it art
Annette hits Will, again
Annette wrote a poem
Poetry voice for GIll

The great fish debate
“is that just an urban legend?” Mrs. Gill asks
As usual, people are loud
Shelly is confused about her pugnacious attitude
I do the kazoo thing, Mama Gill didn’t believe me

We talk about the inability of people to spell Annette’s name
Her last name is “something”
*slowly applauds Will*
Erin looks over my shoulder, sniffing loudly.
Bitch do you mind?

Erin has my notes down
Thanks Erin
She continues to make weird noises, which Sarah thinks is the funniest thing ever
Nick is opening his mouth as he yawns, he looks like a trout when he yawns
And it’s not an insult, I look like a potato when I yawn

Annette can’t keep her hands to herself
Will and Shelly natter at each other
Chris looks perpetually irritated
Put down your eyebrow, Chris

Alyssa almost throws things across the classroom
“Don’t throw things across my classroom!” Mother Gill shouts

We proceed to talk about different kinds of genres and different ways books can be analyzed
Romance, Tragedy, Comedy, Irony
The irony part especially applies to the Princess Bride
These are all different genres books apply to

At 1:32, MAMA GENRE begins its existence
“Sounds like parmesan” Erin says
She wants me to put that in
You’re welcome

MG wants her new nickname to be Mama G
Will and Chris talk over everyone
God, Chris, put down that eyebrow, you’re gonna hurt someone
Chris is the God of looking skeptical/ done

Alyssa can’t stop coughing
Will makes slurping noises as the topic of romance is breeched.
Gross
Will continues to murmur even though he should be paying attention
Alyssa coughs again, Will and Annette are unsympathetic

Nick always looks like he is startled
Will attempts to Segway, but Mama G shuts that shit down
Nuh-un
Not in mah house

Nick and Chris balance their laptops on the back of their screens
Yawns are abundant
I have counted two

Shout out to Sarah’s Shoes, how I love her red converse
Will- “The Amish are real?”
I’m not gonna lie, that sentence basically embodies his presence in English class

Courtney has her Spanish book out, ho shit, Stop the presses
Mama G stops the class to call out Courtney
But not before Alyssa coughs some more
“I think alyssa just aged eighty years” whispers Erin

Ben and I make eye contact
Now he’s paranoid that he’s doing something weird.
Sucker.
He and I stifle laughter
Nothing says fun like a silent conversation
Abby plugs in my computer
Thank god for my prom buddy

I look over at Will, he is playing with the sunglasses on his head
This kid is always talking or fidgeting
Bianca and I make eye contact
Looks like we both want to go home

 “Should I email you my journals?”
“You could have just not brought that up”
Chris, you are an awful influence

Champion Complainers are asked to take the stage
Shelly and Chris
Shelly said, “it was weird”
Chris- “its all narration, nothing happened.”
He’s not wrong.
.
Mrs. Gill has something to give us
WATCHING THE PRINCESS BRIDE
WOO HOO
YES
Wait at lunch? Really?
YES IT’S CATERED
FOOD

Abby freaks about potato salad
Lindsay looks skeptical
Jesus, girl, it’s free food. What do you want, a freaking marching band?
Will winks at me, unprompted
Slow down crazy
The class seems to be turning into a free period
Sarah is working peacefully

Abby get off my foot
She realizes shes on my foot
I sigh
My hands are getting tired
Mama G yelled at underclassmen, and how she bullied freshman Sarah
Poor sarah
Alyssa and abby are singing Veggie Tales

Bridget notices me and compliments my poker face
Bitch you best
Erin calls me a team mom
She knows my secret
I waggle my eyebrows at Bridget
Erin talks about how she asked me really gross questions
I throw up a little in my mouth
What I am I sitting next to?

I have written four pages of notes
We talk about how Senora Hrakdek is mad at us
It’s not our fault
Mama G started it

Abby asks me about pen names
I say Luna Lovegood
I would come up with something better, but I’m working
Silence settles on the crowd

MG attempts to talk about What Technology Wants
Aha, the sophmores have to read it
I’m so exhausted
Is this death
We only have two minutes left of class
I’m out bitches

*salutes and naps*

No comments: