Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Meredith K.'s scribe notes from Monday 4/28

Today’s English class started with Mrs. Gill giving me life changing advice: “Meredith, you are more than just your Prom Dress.” And with that, I know that my life is headed in a great direction. Apparently we were supposed to read chapter 3 of The Princess Bride. Oops. We go over Adam’s scribe notes and afterwards I hear Mrs. Gill call us “dopes.” I wasn’t really paying attention to the conversation in the first place so I wasn’t going to bother paying attention to the rest.
“I have a question but it might be kind of dumb.” Says Mackenzie
“Jesus Christ,” replies Adam
I don’t remember the question but Kory started mocking Mackenzie for it and she shot him with the death glare. After passing out the quiz, Mrs. Gill passed back old papers and Amelia noticed that one of her papers was cut in half. “She is going to throw it away anyway!” says Mrs. Gill. “I used kitty scissors.”
Something about evidence having nothing to do with the book and Jack being terrified; either because of the book or Mackenzie was flirting again. After shocking silence during the quiz, I turn mine in at the same time Shannon does. I guarantee those are the two quizzes with the highest and lowest scores in the class and you can just guess who’s was the highest score (better luck next time Shannon!!! Lol jk)
Dyknow request for journals and what a surprise! My laptop isn’t hooking up to the system. You know what that means? Shopping! Jk 2048 since prom is over. “How many socks are you wearing today Mackenzie?” Adam asks puzzled and Steven chimes in. All that comes from Mack is a grunt and death threats towards Steven.
We start discussing the book and Steven has some harsh words while Nina is just flat out mad. Mrs. Gill explains that she is going to skin our papers/journals while Nina and Lucy explain that they angry wrote their journals. We start a discussion on the book itself when Adam makes a joke about interrupting people. Mackenzie mentions that very time Adam thinks he made a funny joke, an awkward, closed mouth smile stretches across his face and our point is immediately proven. I get a shout out for not reading…again. Nina sneezes a cute sneeze and Jaquelin can’t figure out what noise just escaped Nina’s face because it sounded so foreign. We return to the topic of the book and Steve thinks that the book should be burned, like all the other ones we have read so far. I see Mackenzie sent Jack an air heart as usual and he tries to ignore her.
Steven beat Mackenzie in sending me the chart and she immediately counter attacks with, “Hey Steve I have Meredith’s heart, not you.” My heart meaning my email… Mackenzie has my email. We start talking about Literary Theory and how English teachers suck the fun out of everything so let it be known, from West Hall to East Hall, that Mrs. Gill is a fun sucker. Steven mentions something about learning and fun being two completely different things.

Mrs. Gill asks us a question about gay marriage and Mackenzie has the answer she was looking for, but has no idea what we are talking about. Mrs. Gill mentions that we have to grind and we discover that Adam never had a childhood because he has never seen Snow White.

No comments: