Thursday, August 25, 2011

8-25-11 Period 2 Scribe Notes

by Nick Scarfino
                Because I have ADHD, my mind wanders a lot, so I will be writing everything that is on my mind, as well as every major thing that happens during class.
           -          Jeffery reads his blotchy, one-paragraph scribe notes.

-          We also read Marc’s scribe notes for the other class.

-          I dropped all of my papers during the writing prompt, so I’m a little thrown off, but I read the board and find out that our writing prompt is to choose one aspect of our personality and expand on it. The title of the prompt is “One Hat”.

-          MY SONG (“Fix Me” by 10 Years) plays during the writing prompt. Matt tries to bring down my scribe-writing morale by saying that this song is “overplayed”.

-          Zack’s middle name is Wayne.

-          Mrs. Gill doesn’t know how to take attendance.

Writing Prompt Responses

-          Zack says that his personal “hat” is a serial killer. It is super awkward and no one knows what to say. I can’t really tell if Zack is serious and this is probably the most disturbing moment of my life. He says something about “keeping his blood from splattering on the wall,” and I am just very confused. I get even more confused because Mrs. Gill actually says it was good. She then asks Zack what his method of murder is… I’m just too weirded out to think anymore.

-          Now the ginger’s turn. I totally predicted that Kelly would write about being a ginger. It was quite humorous.

-          Annie went next, and I think she said something about being dependable. I was kind of too scared of Zack to pay much attention.

We turned in our Summer Reading Essay

-          Well I actually, couldn’t get it figured out for a good ten minutes because Turnitin was acting up. In the middle of my struggle, Zack turned around to help me out without me asking for assistance and it kind of creeped me out.

-          Mrs. Gill states that she loves a good title, which kind of depresses me because the title on my essay sucks.

Mrs. Gill assigns us a new essay called the “Literacy Memoir”. She claims that she should be able to “sing” all of our papers.

Mrs. Gill’s clock is off by an hour. I want to tell her, but she’s kind of ignoring my hand.

HOMEWORK: Prewriting questions 1-14 for the literacy memoir. Questions are on Edline.

No comments: