Monday, November 21, 2011

A Look at the ACC English 3 Class


This is a Look at the ACC English 3 class… (From a hipster’s point of view)

Class started out on a good note today, for once they changed it up and had prayer over the intercom, I love when they experiment with new means to convey the lord, having a single person say it out loud is sooo overdone.
Then Anne read her scribe notes. I was disappointed, she took many of her jokes from “Marcel the Shell with shoes on." So it would have been a lot better if she came up with her own jokes.

Then Mrs. Gill’s phone rang and we heard a very jazzy sounding ringtone. Hopefully it was some local jazz band, I dig local music. She said it was from one of her children’s schools. Then, after that minor interruption, class continued.

The class then started to labor on their Literacy Analysis.  This assignment entailed expanding one of our current journal entries, or making up a whole new topic and writing about it. Mrs. Gill then said it could be in 3 different forms of composition, a dissertation, a tale, or a composition that may employ rhyming or poetry in laymen’s terms.

We then started to work on our compositions, to the song, “Point/Counterpoint” by Streetlight Manifesto. Despite hearing complaints from Libby and getting a glare and an angry point of the finger from Joe, I still feel it is a good song. Honestly, how can someone not like this song? Its a complex, multi-layerd, genre mixing song, and a work of art, which was lost on Libby and Joe. I guess they just don't seem to get it. Hopefully Mrs. Gill will continue to play good music instead of that modern garbage that the hoi polloi or peasants listen to. Maybe some indie music because indie music is the greatest form of music ever. 

Then Mrs. Gill polled the class on what they thought of The Scarlet Letter. I honestly didn’t like the book because it reminded me of the cliche ridden pop book A Tale of Two Cities, and because I don't enjoy Nathanial Hawthorne’s writing style.I found the book to be an black hole of evil that sucks the joy out of the soul. all that is good in the world.  I saw a few people give it a four out of four, and lots of two’s and three’s but I didn’t see anyone but me give it a one. I did this because I didn't want to relinquish hipster clout by following suit.

Soon, the class began to complain about having work assigned this week because many of the class felt it was pointless to having school this week. So Mrs. Gill took it upon herself to rant about how she doesn’t like how Kennedy handles makeup work.

Lastly, Mrs. Gill said we would have an essay to do in class tomorrow despite having shorter classes. Mrs. Gill needs to mix it up with giving essays. It's getting quite old having to write essays during short classes. She said she would put the topic of this essay on Edline for the class to look at later.

Finally class was over, so I could listen to some Neutral Milk Hotel.


No comments: