Sunday, May 11, 2014

Carrie's Scribe notes from May 7 period 6

Of course, class starts by me yelling at Lucy because she has a horrible habit of touching my arm to get my attention that drives me insane. It is not necessary to touch me. Announcements come on and no one listens to them as normal. Carly and Matt get called to the office, BYE Carly and Matt. Ugh, there is a quiz today. I hate taking quizzes. Oh wait, we have to listen to Mrs. Gill read Jack’s scribe note first, good a delay of the impending quiz. Mrs. Gill is trying to gets Jacks attention to get his scribe notes but instead gets the attention of Jacquelyn. By the way, I will continue to call Mrs. Gill by her name instead of G because I refuse to conform to the rest of the class. We then discuss the fact that Jack does not know how to spell Mere and the fact that Lucy has finished the book along with all the journals. **COUGH COUGH nerd COUGH COUGH** Oh look, Carly and Matt have returned from their quest to the office. Good thing they haven’t missed much. Alex is accused of being a traitor by Jacob because of the fact that he left for fourth quarter freshman year. Jacob, wouldn’t take make you a traitor to Parkway North since you transferred to Kennedy? Jack Peiphoff, it was a snail not a fish that was kept on the table where Jesus now is. After being informed of this, Jack offers to buy Mrs. Gill a fish. Mrs. Gill responds that she would like a large fish take filled with lots of green and gold fish. Adam tries to make a joke about Mrs. Gill’s name and the fact that fish have gills but he had to explain the joke and it was no longer funny. Jacob and Alex talk about the fact that Alex can lie on The Princess Bride and absorb all the information. Mrs. Gill tells us that she redid the quiz before class to make it about theme and symbolism. I feel like she redoes the quizzes a lot. Adam complains about the fact that we have never discussed the book as a class and that we shouldn’t have to come up with the themes and symbolism without help. Kory makes a smartass comment that the symbolism always stands for the holocaust. Haha funny, Kory. Mrs. Gill makes fun of us complaining and said that she would not have a class discussion when everyone complains about the book and refuses to read the book. It was stated that she was only making fun of the guys because of her tone of voice. Taylor then responds with the fact that she does the exact same thing and Adam replies with “Taylor is a guy” in a really weird voice that I don’t really know how to put into writing. Lucy starts to sing some song I have never heard of before as quizzes are starting to be passed out. I glare at her and threaten to slit her throat if she didn’t shut up. Mrs. Gill finishes passing out the quizzes. I hate quizzes over themes. Maybe if I don’t write about Westley’s death, maybe he won’t actually be dead. I hate authors that kill off main or important characters, well except for Gatsby, he deserved to die. During the quiz, Mrs. Gill starts playing “Time after Time” which was really random. I finish my quiz, and start up my scribe notes again. Being the scribe during a quiz is really awkward because no one is talking and all I can hear is the sound of my keyboard and I feel like I am just people watching. Mrs. Gill offers Jacob a baby wipe since she doesn’t have any tissues. He rudely declines the offer of a baby wipe. Honestly, the baby wipe couldn’t have been that bad and it is surely better than nothing. Mrs. Gill tells us that the two themes of the book are the fact that life isn’t fair and true love. Oops. Missed the true love on my quiz. Oh well. Jacob calls Mack stupid which is not very nice. She may have stupid questions but that doesn’t make her stupid. The class all agreed, well except for Lucy but is that different than normal. That Buttercup did betray Westley outside of the Fire Swamp. Lucy once again tells Alex to shut up. If people stop telling Alex to shut up, he might be able to stay awake and actually contribute to class. Taylor voices her opinion against Lucy, when no one else will, that she would rather die with her true love than live a sad life. In the corner of my eye, I see Mack pick up her laptop and threaten to kill Matt with it. Mrs. Gill says something about the fact that the escape from the Fire Swamp taught Buttercup to trust Westley. We then go into the fact that Westley was abusive and I was super confused when Westley was abusive. Someone, I don’t remember who, asked when he was abusive and Mrs. Gill answers with when he was the man in black. Thank you to whoever asked that question. We then discuss the fact that Inigo and Fezzik are the power couple of the book. Almost everyone agrees that they were a better couple then Westley and Buttercup, well except for Adam who sat with his head inside his shirt during the discussion. We start talking about true love as Adam pulls his head out of his shirt. Lucy said and I quote “True love is only valuable if it makes you happy. If it doesn’t work out, who cares you should ditch him and start a business.” Mrs. Gill is telling us to leave since none of us knows when class is over. I guess I’ll go to physics and work on a Lab that I don’t know how to do. 

No comments: