Sunday, May 11, 2014

Shannon's Scribe Notes from Friday 5-9

I already know that today is going to be uneventful.  We walk in to the classroom and it’s dark already.  The movie is all ready to go.  I put my things down and immediately go over and make myself coffee.  Scratch that.  I forgot I have to scribe today.  I run back to my seat.  The movie has already started.  I’m sure I’m being very distracting.  Oh well, I’m sure everyone is so absorbed in the movie that they don’t notice me asking Amelia to make me coffee.  I busy myself with getting out my laptop to begin my task.  Everyone is making comments about Rugen’s six fingers.  Thank you for pointing that out, I don’t think I would have been able to tell, especially with that dramatic close-up of his right hand.  I’m really glad I have such attentive classmates. 
The movie progresses uneventfully.  Westley is taken to the Pit of Despair and is prepped for torture by the albino.  There are a few laughs at the utter ridiculousness of the whole thing.  Amelia brings me my cup of coffee.  I didn’t think she’d actually bring it.  I love it when people do what I tell them.  The movie continues to roll.  Buttercup has nightmares and Humperdinck is annoying.  Jack gets up to make coffee.  No one is surprised.  Rugen begins torturing Westley.  No one reacts.  Humperdinck continues to be ridiculous and annoying.  Adam laughs.  See, I told you it wasn’t a girl movie.  The movie continues.  Fezzik and Inigo are reunited and it’s really cute.  Nina makes a comment about the romantic music playing during the scene.  Adam says they looked like they were about to kiss and it was weird.  He’s right.  While Fezzik and Inigo plan to find the man in black, Nina does other homework.  Meredith is eating and no one is surprised.  But it’s just getting good!  Buttercup tells Humperdinck he’s a coward and Humperdinck gets really pissed off.  Westley is tortured and no one cares.  Inigo and Fezzik search for Westley.  I wish I had coffee left.  There’s a super dramatic moment when Inigo is trying to find the opening to the Pit.  Again, there is no reaction from the class.  Does anyone like this movie?  This is like my favorite movie of all time.  I hope people are enjoying it. 
Miracle Max is one of my favorite parts of this whole movie.  Finally, he gets a few laughs.  Yes, this is the best part of the whole thing.  Max and Valerie are two of my favorite characters ever.  This movie is just so flawless.  The amount of sass is wonderful. 
There are a few scattered laughs and a few whispered comments.  Nothing notable really happens.  The movie goes on.  Inigo, Fezzik, and Westley plan to storm the castle.  Buttercup and Humperdinck are at the wedding.  The lisping clergyman gets a few laughs.  Fezzik is on fire and Buttercup gets married.  Inigo finally finds Rugen.  Rugen runs away.  Fezzik smashes a door.  Westley disappears.  Everyone laughs when Buttercup tells the king she’s going to kill herself and he, not hearing her, tells her that’ll be nice.  Finally, a reaction! 

The movie goes on.  Nothing happens.  Buttercup is going to kill herself.  Westley tells her she has perfect breasts and Adam laughs.  He’s the only one.  Inigo kills Rugen after some dramatic swordfighting.  Jack applauds.  Humperdinck finds Westley and Westley explains the term “to the pain.”  Westley stands up and it’s really impressive.  They tie up Humperdinck and everyone is reunited.  Fezzik shows up with Humperdinck’s horses.  There are scattered laughs and various comments.  Inigo doesn’t know what to do with his life after killing Rugen and Westley suggests piracy.  They all ride off into the sunset and everyone lives happily ever after.  There’s a kissing part.  Kory thinks the grandfather is Westley.  Mrs. Gill starts talking about purpose again.  We discuss how much we quote the Princess Bride.  I know I do that quite a bit.  Adam admits that he liked the movie.  I knew he would.  I’m always right.  (Not really, that’s such a lie.  I don’t know why people think that.)  We talk about the exam briefly as everyone is leaving.  I wish I could stay here forever instead of going to physics.

No comments: