Sunday, May 11, 2014

Taylor's 5-5 Scribe notes from period 6

G appoints me scribe today because she said I will be gone later this week. Correction, I am only gone Friday because I am taking the AP English exam, and I am not even missing her class.  But that’s beside the point. It was a typical day in Period  6, except Amelia and Nina aren’t here and the circle is awkwardly smaller and its noticeably quieter.  We begin the class by reading Jacob’s scribe notes, which, as always, takes about 5 minutes. Jacob makes a sassy comment about me fixing my hair in his scribe notes, so I look him dead in the eye and fix my hair again. Take that Jacob. When Jacob said G was hard to type, G said we could pick a different letter for her name.  This somehow led to G said her maiden name was spicy and she misses it. Interesting. 
We once again blame Amelia for the reason our class is so unorderly.  I would agree with that because she always distracts me.  Well okay I distract her, but she sometimes distracts me.  Mackenzie says Scotty is her pope (typical) and we debate over if we would rather touch the Pope’s hand or Scotty’s.  I think we came to the conclusion of Scotty.  Jack asks me to google what he looks like, and he responds with “He’s funny looking”. (Willing to bet Mack throws something across the room at Jack when she reads this). 
Oh god here come the quizzes.  Steven gives a sarcastic remark about the book saying its garbage and he hates it, but theres no surprise there. Kory says books are used to light fire and G is offended.  So is Shannon.  This quiz is hard.  I am not a fan of irony or genres.  Can my saint quote be enough to pass this quiz? No? okay.  Halfway through the quiz Voss asks if it has to be a quote, which has already been asked and answered like 3 times. He was probably texting the girl of his dreams when G answered the first few times.  Everyone’s confused about frame story, including me. And no one knows what to put for the first short answer.  Confused stares are abundant.  There’s a lot of screaming from Mr. Vogel’s room. A lot.  It makes it hard to focus. I notice its really quiet without Nina.  Maybe Amelia and Nina are the instigators.  I catch Meredith shooting a death glare at her quiz and looking at it like “what even is this” (don’t worry, I’m right there with ya)
I look around the room and notice Jack is way farther in the book than I am.  It’s okay though because Jacqueline isn’t.  Alex put his pencil in his mouth like it was a bone and he was a dog (gross). Jacob and I make awkward eye contact. Mere and Mack are deep in conversation.  It must be interesting because Mere’s jaw dropped open and her eyes got wide.  Also, Mere and Mack make me think of the river, which makes me think of Huck Finn.  Hopefully G was proud of that statement.  G wants us to request the reunion scene, which I thought was just made up.  Turns out its real.
Everyone’s ignoring G and doing their own thing. Mack talking about Scotty still: “I got a picture with him kinda.  Me and meg were like yaaaas”  Scotty and yaaas are the two words Mack uses most.  Joey Esserman comes to the room in search of his brother.  G just told Joey Esserman she’s abusive when people come in her room.  She told a story about how she tries to act tough and be intimidating to underclassmen.  Jacob makes fun of her for laughing and turning red.  I agree with him.  G offers to fight me
Of course G picks on Steven to read the reunion scene and says his opinion is the only thing that matters.   G is obsessed with getting Steven to read.  Mack makes a heart at Jack (again, typical). G calls Shannon out for already reading the whole book, and Shannon hides behind her book from embarrassment.  Wow, overachiever.  Adam groans and stares at the ceiling because G is making him read the reunion part. I catch Carly creepily waving to someone in the hall, but I don’t see anyone out there.  Awkward.  G asks who thinks Goldman is getting sued, and Adam responds with “who has an IQ of 12 in here”.  Sass is abundant today.  In between Adam, Jacob, Steven, Jacqueline and I, there’s almost too much sass to handle. 
Finally, announcements. 

3:00. I’m going home and taking a nap.  

No comments: