Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Frankie's scribe notes

9:00 P.M.

Oh crap… I’m the scribe. I better get that done.

Hello, I’m Frankie Frisch. I remember the important notes so you don’t have to.

Today’s class began with the daily ritual of prayer.

Unfortunately we didn’t have a journal today so the class didn’t get to hear another “interesting” story from the marvelous mind of Joe.

So after prayer Jake read his scribe notes just as I will read mine tomorrow.

After that, Mrs. Gill showed the class how to view our Last High School Essay on turnitin.com It seemed interesting…

Mrs. Gill gave the class both their Literacy Memoir and Last High School essay papers back with a grade. I “beat” Joe on the Literacy memoir after saying that my paper was terrible. :D

Mrs. Gill then talked about how people can revise their papers to get a better grade but only if they return everything (the first copy turned into her and the new copy)

Mrs. Gill felt that most people didn’t put much effort into their Last High School essay.

Mrs. Gill then talked about the Literacy Memoirs and how most people had the common theme of having great reading and or writing skills in Middle School then having it drop off in high school. She also used my paper as an example of having a common theme all the way through.

Unfortunately Mrs. Gill didn’t think that she might not be able to open our podcasts and everyone had to turn it into a mp3 file. During which Joe brought it onto himself to show people how to do that.

Unfortunately, I cannot succeed in my goal of not mentioning Abby in my scribe notes because she made a comment about not having homework today.

Speaking of which, we do not have homework.

Abby then mentioned her old teacher and how she said that she was a really mean or “bad” teacher in her eyes. Mrs. Gill said she wanted to be a “mean” teacher because we would appreciate all her pickiness about English later.

We then started took take notes on the topic of tragedy and supposedly Cody loves stories. If you need the note.

Lastly, we did NOT present our powerpoints on the topics we researched in class on Friday.

Then the class ended…

No comments: