Sunday, September 11, 2011

Period 2 ACC English 3 – The Fish Story

Friday, September 9, 2011

Some people, places, and events in these notes may have been misinterpreted and do not reflect the opinions of the author or class

Day 35 of my imprisonment,

I am now the only one left… I think I’m next. My Captors gathered outside my cell in their usual routine sitting and chatting. The warden or as I’ve heard the other humans call her “Mrs. Gill”, entered the room and began to speak of the daily journals. She said that not keeping them has made her cranky. I now suspect she is taking her anger out on me. Luckily one of the humans named Zack distracted her by not turning in his scribe notes.

Mrs. Gill returned the journals to the students. Their topic for the day was called Presence of Absence about the tragic 9/11 victims who lost their lives. As the humans wrote in their journals they played “Into to the Fire” by Bruce Springsteen, the perfect music for thinking of my escape. Mrs. Gill then called on the humans to read what they had written. Joe was the first to be called on. He wrote of how he learned of the events of 9/11 and how they affected him. The one called Nick was called on next he read about his feelings towards 9/11. Emily then spoke about how she hadn’t learned about 9/11 until she got home from school… this made me wonder what a school was. Next was the red headed Jeffery and his very passionate and detailed description of his anger toward 9/11 and its conspirators. The final one to read was Gina.

After those moving readings they continued their presentations on American Values. The first group to go was Nick, Kelly, Jeffy, and Drew with their power point on pleasure. After their presentation Mrs. Gill told the one called Drew he had to take notes on the events of the class that already happened. The final group to go was Andrew, Kristen, Anne, and Jennifer as they set up their presentation the group had a conversation on driving with different appendages. The one called Matt informed them that he drove with his mouth and they all shared a laugh. The group’s presentation was on Freedom. This had inspired me to put my escape in to motion…There was no homework over the weekend… I think.

No comments: