Monday, September 12, 2011

A Scribe Notes Story by Andrew Manott

Scribe Notes English Per. 2

            Once upon a time in an ACC English class far away in West Hall. It really isn’t too far, but for all those in East Hall, like myself, it is rather far away. Period 2 was the first class to start off the day and everyone had seemed excited to be at school on a Monday morning. I had first walked in and noticed that there were donuts on a desk. They looked very appetizing and made me rather hungry but I couldn’t have them. Anyway, class had not even begun yet and Mrs. Gill had wished that I was still in my sling. I was glad that I didn’t have to wear it anymore because I could be more functional and Mrs. Gill was asking people to mess up my arm again so that I could go back into my sling. I think that Mrs. Gill is secretly out to get me. She probably placed a hit on me that I am currently unaware of. I will have to watch my back for the next few days.

            Anyway, we had started off our day with a prayer over the intercom. After that we had been glad to see that the fish in the fish bowl was still alive. That little fish is a true fighter, his friends however were not so lucky. This fish might actually have the honor of receiving a name. As part of our daily routine, we went through the scribe notes done by Drew from Friday, who was unaware that he was even the scribe that day. Now Nick usually tends to pop up everywhere in scribe notes, I was concerned that he hadn’t even made any comments or anything at the beginning of class, but he still spoke out. He had to announce to everyone that he didn’t turn in his journal from before when he should have. Tisk tisk Nick.

            The next part here is a little fuzzy because I started to zone out a little, but it’s a Monday, things like zoning out will happen. All I remember hearing is Mrs. Gill talk about her children and then she had mentioned Paul wearing a tutu when he was little……..

            Anyway, we had realized that Zach, Kara, and Blake were not at school today. Mrs. Gill asked why Blake wasn’t here and we weren’t really obliged to say.

After realizing that people were absent, we then moved on to our prompt, which was Banking Writing Inspiration. All we had to write was a few topics on journal entries. We had written our topics to the song of Wide Open Space by the Dixie Chicks. Matt somehow knew some of the words by heart. Now for the next part, I didn’t get to put everything down because I was still writing my journal and I couldn’t memorize everything that everyone said because I don’t have the best memory. Michelle went first with her journal and some of her topics were pet peeves, sports you want to do, having a day to yourself, and what your future job would be. Next to read was Megan and some of her topics were most embarrassing moments and the Switchfoot concert. After her was Drew who wrote about what would you do with one million dollars, where would you live, what if you had a megaphone, and what animal would you be. Finally I read my topics. I wrote if you were a couch then who would you want to sit on you, what if you were a transformer, and what if you changed a point in history. Mrs. Gill didn’t like the prompt of being a couch so much.

After our prompts, Mrs. Gill said that she was not going to give us our papers back until she had everyone’s graded. I would really like to see my paper by now, but since Mrs. Gill is out to get me, it probably wouldn’t be a smart idea to push her. But, we did start our personification papers today. Before opening a document to start my paper, I noticed that my weather gadget was off. It said that it was foggy outside when it was clearly sunny. What an evil gadget, it’s giving false advertisement, or what have you.

Anyway, we were shown some examples of personifying values. The examples were pretty good. Nick had thought that the picture in the Pleasure personification was a picture of a girl smoking. It was a bowl of steaming soup Nick. After we read the examples of the personifications, the race was on. It wasn’t a race though, but I just felt that that phrase seemed right.

We wrote our papers in the little time that we had before class was over and then we had to turn our papers in through DYKNOW. Our papers had been collected and then class was over. There was no homework for tonight because Mrs. Gill said she didn’t want to give homework until she handed back our papers. And that concludes a day in class of ACC English Period 2.

THE END

No comments: