Thursday, January 19, 2012

Gina Pedrotty's Response to Cody

I believe that in the short story, The Fall of the House of Usher, the main character, Usher died not from his sister killing him, but rather as he predicted earlier from fear. He buried his twin sister, Madeline, alive which was insanely hard on Usher and caused him much guilt. I think that when realizing what he had done he became overwhelmed with the guilt and fear that someone would find out or rather his sister would come back for him, which she did. She did this, I believe, with determination. I think she wanted to show that she was alive so bad that she forced her way out of the coffin and into the room where Usher was.  However, I do not think that Madeline came back to harm her brother. I mean she would probably be very upset, but I don’t think she tried to kill him.

No comments: